THE SILVERADO 1500 TAKES PICKUP TECH TO THE NEXT LEVEL
You work hard day in and day out, and you deserve a truck that does the same. Fortunately, the new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 checks all of the boxes. However, it doesn’t just work harder, it works smarter. The new Silverado 1500 comes loaded with a myriad of state-of-the-art technology designed to help you do more with less effort. This remarkable suite of tech empowers you to go seamlessly from work to play and back to work without ever missing a beat. Let’s take a closer look at some of the key technological innovations offered in the 2020 Silverado 1500.
Cutting-Edge Powertrain Offers You Best of Both World
While most people may not think of the engine when they think of technological marvels, the new Silverado is set to redefine the way you view powertrains. In fact, it’s set to redefine how you view fuel efficiency in a full-size truck.
The available 3.0L Turbo-Diesel Duramax engine delivers a remarkable 668 highway miles on a single tank as well as Best-in-Class 23/33 MPG (City/Hwy) on 2WD models. These remarkable numbers can be attributed to state-of-the-art innovations, such as start-stop technology and the 10-speed Hydra-Matic transmission that boasts shorter gears for optimized efficiency.
And just because you’re fuel efficient doesn’t mean you have to settle for performance. To the contrary, the Silverado Diesel boasts Best-in-Class 277 HP and a blistering 460 lb.-ft. of torque. While you may not be able to move mountains, the 4×4 Silverado 1500 Diesel will get you close with up to 9,300-lb towing capacity and a max payload of 1,870 lbs. In other words, you’ll enjoy the capability and versatility of trucks the car-like MGPs.
Choose from a Total of 6 Dynamic Powertrains
Need more power and not as concerned about MPGs? There’s a Silverado 1500 engine for that! In fact, you can choose from a total of six different powertrains. The most powerful is the 6.2L V8 that produces 420 HP, 460 lb.-ft. Of torque for a Best-in-Class V8 HP, Best-in-Class V8 torque, and Best-in-Class 13,400 max towing.
Drive Mode Selector
In life, no two days are hardly the same. While you may enjoy a nice smooth drive on the highway today, you could be pummeled with torrential rain tomorrow or have to get down and dirty on a road less traveled. No matter what lies ahead, the new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado features the technology to help you creat your own road with its Drive Mode Selector. This innovation let’s you quickly adjust your truck’s performance on the fly with nothing more than a dial. You can choose from a total of six different modes:
Tech to Make Towing Easier
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced towing machine, we could all use help from time to time. And the new Chevy Silverado 1500 features a host of tech designed to make handling and towing easier than ever. For example, it features:
Auto Grade Braking
Hill Start Assist
Trailer Sway Control
Segment-First Electric Parking Brake Hookup Assist
Segment-First Brake Gain Memory
Segment-First Trailer Theft Alert
The Silverado’s In-Vehicle Trailering System
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 features the segment-first available Advanced Trailering System with an in-vehicle trailering app. This cutting-edge app offers exceptional insight with:
Customized trailer profiles,
Trailer lighting diagnostics
Trailer Tire Pressure/Temperature Monitoring
Enjoy up to 15 Different Camera Views
With the Silverado 1500’s new Technology Package, you’ll have access to cameras that provide a remarkable 15 different views.
Four Available Hitch Views
These views will give you the confidence to hitch with ease, including:
• Surround View offers a bird’s-eye, top-down view of the surroundings of your truck.
• Hitch View gets you more up close and personal with the receiver hitch. This allows you to get precise alignment when connecting to your trailer.
• Rear Top-Down View offers you perspective on the clearance between the truck bed and nearby objects.
• Bed View lets you see inside your cargo bed to help with gooseneck or fifth-wheel hitching. It also allows you to check on your cargo with ease.
Six Available Views During Driving
The Silverado’s six driving views can virtually erase your trailer, so you can see objects and other vehicles all around you.
• Transparent Trailer view lets you virtually see straight through your trailer or hitched box.
• Front Camera View gives you a unique perspective of your front with guidelines to make tight maneuvers and tight parking spots a breeze.
• Pic-in-Pic Side View combines your Rear Trailer View and Rear Side View to give you a one-of-a-kind perspective.
• Rear Camera Mirror offers a less-obstructed, wider field of view than the standard rearview mirror.
• Rear Trailer View can show objects or vehicles behind your trailer.
• Inside Trailer View lets you monitor the contents of your trailer.
Five Available Parking Views
The Silverado five available parking views are all engineered to do one thing: let you park with more confidence and fewer dings.
• Rear Camera View gives you a rear view of your truck.
• Front Side View shows your front tire positioning for enhanced perspective during tight parking and maneuvers.
• Rear Side View offers a line of sight down the side of your truck and trailer.
• Bowl View delivers a rear-facing 3D surround view. This perspective is highly favorable during low-speed maneuvers in reverse.
• Front Top-Down View lets you see your bumper, front tires, and hood for tight maneuvers.
CONTACT CUMMING CHEVROLET
In addition to the previously mentioned technology, the Chevy Silverado 1500 is home to a robust suite of infotainment options, including 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility, Head-up Display, Navigation, and much more. And when it comes to safety, the Silverado 1500 is in a class of its own with state-of-the-art advanced driver assistive conveniences, including a complete suite of active features working around the clock to keep you safer. To put it simply, the Silverado 1500 is the best half-ton pickup! Fortunately, you don’t have to take our word for it. You can stop by Cumming Chevrolet to touch, feel, nad experience the brilliance that is the new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.